Friday, April 11, 2014

I Have to Admit, It's Getting Better


  Hi folks! I must admit that my consistency on this blog is varying quite a bit. One week I'm here twice, and then I'm gone for a month. I must apologize for my lack of order when it comes to blogging. That being said, for the past week or so, I've been feeling fantastic. As some of you dedicated readers might know, I've been diagnosed with depression and have just been absolutely miserable in everything I do. I got a new therapist on Tuesday (my first in two whole years!) and it seemed that talking to her definitely helped. However, there seems to be something else on my mind that I feel as sparked the uprise in my pleasant behavior much more than any therapist ever could. That's right- Sam's found herself a boy. 

  I know that me talking about him here is probably creepy (he might be incredibly scared if he ever read this, oops), but oh well. It's my personal blog, I feel like I can blog.. well, personally here. And boys seem to be a very personal topic. I will spare him the indecency of sharing his name, but this boy has really made me happy. He even surprised me at work the other night by showing up out of the blue when we closed like Jake in Sixteen Candles.
It was so cheesy that I couldn't help but be absolutely swept off of my feet. We're going to dinner and the movies tomorrow, and I am beyond ecstatic. I'm already mentally figuring out what I'm going to wear, isn't that pathetic? For the first time in a very long time (maybe even ever) I feel myself constantly smiling, humming pleasant songs, and acting like how I feel a human being should act. I can't stop being happy, and I'm so, well, happy that I'm this happy. So thank you, nameless boy, for making my life a little less cynical.


Here's a happy little playlist to make you all as happy as I am (unfortunately 8Tracks is blocked so you all will have to look up the songs yourselves). I know these songs have been on a lot of my other playlists, but I love them, so I think they're worth a second listen.

I Have to Admit, It's Getting Better by SamanthaWarhol

  1. "Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra
  2. "She's a Rainbow" by the Rolling Stones
  3. "Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)" by Edison Lighthouse
  4. "Do You Believe in Magic?" by the Lovin' Spoonful
  5. "I Only Want to Be With You" by the Bay City Rollers
  6. "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" by Cake
  7. "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?" by Rod Stewart
  8. "Getting Better" by the Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment