Monday, December 10, 2012

If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out

  I absolutely adore the film Harold and Maude (1971). If you want to watch it, click here, it's on youtube. Although, with copyright complaints, I don't know how long it'll be there. Anyways, Harold and Maude is about a young teenage boy named Harold who is obsessed with death, and even fakes his own suicide multiple times throughout the movie (to which his mother gives almost no reaction). He also spends his free time attending funerals, where he meets Maude, and almost-eighty-year-old woman, and the two fall in love. However, Maude is more eccentric than Harold and brightens up his life with her energy. Of course, the film is a wild black comedy and every minute is filled with both laughs and horror.
  The thing I think completes this film is the soundtrack. It is entirely by one of my all-time favorite artists, Cat Stevens. Now, Cat Stevens writes and sings the most lovely 1970's folk music and his lyrics are enchanting. This got me thinking: That's probably my favorite style of 1970's music: The slow, calming acoustic guitar songs sung out by such brilliant artists like Cat Stevens. So here is a playlist dedicated to some of my favorite 70's songs that give me 'that calming mood.'






  1. "If You Want to Sing Out" - Cat Stevens
  2. "Sister Golden Hair" - America
  3. "My Sweet Lord" - George Harrison
  4. "Everything I Own" - Bread
  5. "Day After Day" - Badfinger
  6. "Wild World" - Cat Stevens
  7. "Aubrey" - Bread
  8. "Baby Blue" - Badfinger
  9. "Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)" - Edison Lighthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment